Do you know about abortion?
Termination of unwanted pregnancy or killing of a fetus inside the womb via orally administered pills and surgical method is known as abortion. Abortion carried out via an orally administered abortion pill is considered as medical abortion and abortion performed via the surgery or use of anesthesia is considered as surgical abortion. Abortion is mainly done under the trimester of pregnancy.
What is MTP kit and what it contains?
MTP kit is an FDA approved abortion kit; it contains two main active tablets like Mifepristone (200mg) and Misoprostol (200mcg). Both of these active constituent works in different ways in perform abortion at home without taking the help of anyone.
- Mifepristone successfully impede the actions of the natural progesterone hormone, which play a crucial role in the continuance of pregnancy. Mifepristone also thwart the proper supply of oxygen and nutrition to the fetus within the womb and successfully abort pregnancy.
- On the other hand, Misoprostol exerts its action by contracting the uterine muscles and swill out the dead fetus, placenta and embryo from the womb of female along with blood or blood clots.
When a female should not take MTP kit?
- In case of hypersensitivity towards generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol, adrenal porphyria, uterine issue, endometrial problem and ovarian cysts, a female should not take MTP kit.
- Girls under the age of 17 years should not consume this kit.
- If a female is on Oral corticosteroid or blood thinner therapy.
In what way should a woman take MTP Kit?
- Firstly, consume a single tablet of Mifepristone (200mg) via the oral route with a full glass of water on an empty stomach.
- After 2 to3 days, it is suggested to take 4 tablets of Misoprostol (200mcg) via the oral or vaginal route. It should be taken as a single dose. Use 2 to3 drops of saline or distilled water to avoid vaginal contamination, if you are choosing vaginal administration.
- It is strictly recommended that a female should follow-up with a clinical visit after about 14 days of the intake of this kit to get confirmation about the complete annihilation of pregnancy.
Does MTP cause any undesirable effects?
Yes, after abortion via MTP kit women face numerous side effects such as nausea, drowsiness, fatigue, severe headache, cramps, muscle pain, and abdomen pain.
Does any safety measures should be followed while taking MTP kit?
- Eat healthy and iron containing diet after abortion as it may improve health, wounds, anemia and blood loss.
- Do not indulge in coitus after abortion as it may cause the risk of getting pregnant.
- Do not bath in an open area and swimming pool as it may cause pain in the pelvic region.
- Do not insert any intrauterine gadgets and tampons after abortion as it may cause vaginal infection.