An abortion that occurs suddenly is considered as miscarriage, but when abortion is done purposely then it is known as induced abortion. It is also known as "termination of unwilling pregnancy". Depending on the time duration and location of pregnancy, you can choose abortion process. Termination of unwilling pregnancy with MTP KIT
What is MTP kit?
MTP means medical termination of pregnancy, which is mainly used in the finishing of unwilling pregnancy, which is less than 9 weeks (63 days). MTP kit is a unique combination of generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol. It is a widely utilized pregnancy terminating kit used by the females all around the entire world. A female can effortlessly complete abortion at her domicile with proper ingestion of this kit without going to a hospital and without anyone knowing.
How MTP kit shows its action?
Mifepristone is an Anti-progesterone hormone, which acts by inhibiting the therapeutic actions of natural Progesterone hormone. This progesterone hormone plays an important role in the continuance of pregnancy.
Mifepristone also terminates pregnancy by preventing the supply of appropriate oxygen and nutrition to the fetus inside the womb and leads to death of the fetus.
Misoprostol is a prostaglandin E1, which creates contraction of the uterine wall and eliminates the dead fetus, placenta and embryo from the womb of a female.
How to take MTP kit?
A Cipla MTP Kit contains two tablets-
- 1 tablet of Mifepristone (200mg)
- 4 tablets of Misoprostol (200mcg each)
On day-1, you should take 1 tablet of Mifepristone (200mg) orally along with a full glass of water. This kit should be always taken with on empty stomach.
After 2-3 days, you should take 4 tablets of Misoprostol (200mcg each) as a single dose. Misoprostol dose should be administered via the vaginal route or oral route.
After two weeks, visit a hospital for the affirmation of complete termination of pregnancy via ultrasound.
What are the undesirable effects of MTP kit?
Most commonly reported detrimental effects of MTP kit are vomiting, pain in the pelvic region, severe headache, stomach pain, feeling of faintness, pain due to uterine contractions, cramps, muscle pain and inflammation of the vagina.
Who should not take MTP Kit?
- Females with hypersensitivity towards generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol
- Females with ectopic pregnancy (fetus outside the womb)
- If female's pregnancy exceeds more than 9 weeks (63days)
- Girls under the age of 17 years
- Females with certain health issues like adrenal porphyria, uterine problem, ovarian cysts and blood related disorders
- Females previously on Oral corticosteroid drugs like Dexamethasone and Prednisone
What safety tips should be adopted after abortion?
- Do not insert any intrauterine devices, weapons or tampons into your vagina as it may augment the threat of vaginal infection.
- Consume healthy, nutritive, vitamin-rich and protein-rich meal after abortion to recover your health and wounds.
- To recover your blood loss or anemia, eat iron containing diet and supplements like spinach.
- Do not carry out any activities, which put extra pressure in your pelvic region.
- Sensual Intercourse is strictly avoided after abortion as it may produce risk of getting pregnant.
- Do not bath in open area and swimming pool as it may cause pelvic pain and disturbances.