There are two methods of abortion are available, but it is mainly depends on the time of gestation. Abortion method includes surgical and non-surgical method.
Surgical abortion is hazardous and risky and it is done in the supervision of specialist gynecologist. It involves the use of anesthesia and surgical instruments.
Medical abortion is known as non surgical method of abortion. It is easy, pain free and confidential abortion. Medical abortion involves Abortion pills and MTP kit.
Medically induced abortion with MTP kit-
MTP kit is a highly employed by ladies for the termination of early unwanted pregnancy. It is mainly indicated for the gestation less than 9 weeks (63 days). If your pregnancy exceeds more than 12 weeks then you choose surgical abortion.
Removal of the fetus, placenta and embryo from the womb of a female is known as abortion. MTP is popular and highly effective pregnancy terminating kit. It supports to end the pregnancy at an early phase. This MTP kit contains two active constituents like generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
Mifepristone is available in the dose of 200mg and it is taken on the first day via the oral route with a full glass of water. Mifepristone is taken as a single dose.
Mifepristone helps to finish the pregnancy by inhibiting the actions of progesterone hormone and it also lowers the level of progesterone in the female's body. Mifepristone acts as an Anti-progesterone hormone and stop the supply the oxygen and nutrition to the fetus inside the womb of females.
Misoprostol is available in the dose of 200mcg and it is taken on the third day after the consumption of Mifepristone. You have to consume 4 tablets of Misoprostol. Misoprostol dose can be administered as orally or vaginally. In case of vaginal route, you should use 2to3 drops of saline and distilled water.
Misoprostol expand the uterine wall and eliminate the dead fetus, placenta and embryo from the womb.
After the use of Mifepristone and Misoprostol, you should visit your nearest hospital and confirm your pregnancy by clinical tests like ultrasound and sonography.
For complete and safe abortion, you have to consume MTP kit in the prescribed manner.
After the abortion, female may suffer several adverse effects like stomach pain, cramps, muscle pain, pain in the pelvic region, inflammation of the vagina, severe headache, fever, stomach distress, nausea, sickness, diarrhea, painful and heavy vaginal bleeding along with blood clots.
Follow some safety steps while taking this kit-
- It is not indicated in case of ectopic pregnancy.
- It is not prescribed to girls under the age of 18 years.
- If you are already taking Oral corticosteroid then avoid the use of this kit.
- Remove your all intrauterine devices (IUD's) before using this kit.
- Anemic and leukemic females should not consume this kit.
- Eat healthy and nutritive diet after the abortion process as it helps in the healing of sores.
- Take complete and proper rest after the abortion.
- Don't consume this kit, if you are hypersensitive to generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
- Operation and uplifting of heavy objects should be avoided after the abortion.
- Avoid intercourse for several days after the abortion.