Abortion is of two types' medication abortion and surgical abortion. The abortion is a mind storming situation for a pregnant female. In the surgical abortion, surgical equipment and anesthesia is used and it is painful technique. Whereas, in medical abortion, termination execute with the help of abortion pills Mifepristone and Misoprostol, and it is risk free and painless method.MTP kit is a safe way to execute the termination of undesired pregnancy.
Who should not use MTP kit?
· Don't use this kit in case of ectopic pregnancy (the pregnancy inside the fallopian tube).
· Don't take it if the pregnancy longer than 63 days.
· In case of having any kind of allergy with Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
· Don't use MTP kit in presence of IUD devices.
· MTP kit should not be taken in case of heart disorder such as high blood pressure or diabetes, asthma.
· If taking long-term oral corticosteroids medication.
Know some basic thing about MTP kit
MTP kit is manufactured by pharmaceutical company Cipla. This kit contains a combination one pill of Mifepristone and 4 pills of Misoprostol. The drug Mifepristone 200mg is a single dose, which comes under the class of anti progesterone drug. This drug just blocks the activity of the hormone of progesterone by binding itself to the progesterone hormone. The female should take this drug orally with an empty stomach. This pill is also known as "primary abortion pill".
After a gap of 6-72 hours the female should take 4 pills of Misoprostol 200mcg either orally or vaginally. This pill acts as a secondary abortion pill comes under the class of Prostaglandin analogue. This causes expulsion of dead fetus outside the womb by a severe contraction of the uterus muscle and expels outside the dead womb along with tissues and blood clots. The process of complete termination usually den in 4-6 hours.
After 2 weeks, it is mandate to visit the nearby clinic to get the confirmation of the complete termination of the pregnancy through ultras can.
Precautions while taking MTP kit
- Take MTP kit only when you are confirmed that you want abortion.
- The nursing mother stops feeding the child at least for five hours and throw the mild that produced at that time.
- Don't take alcohol and quit smoking after taking Misoprostol. Avoid the intake of herbal preparations, such as St John's Wort, and recreational drugs.
What to do after an abortion?
- Don't put anything in the vagina for at least 2 weeks such as tampons.
- Don't get engaged in sexual activity for a couple of days as sexual activity may cause vaginal infection.
- Don't bath in the open swimming pool as the bacteria cause vaginal infection.
- In case of persistent body temperature for more than 100.2 F, abnormal vaginal bleeding consults to the doctor. Never take aspirin drug for pain and fever after an abortion as it cause enhances the vaginal bleeding.
- Use contraception pills within five days of taking Misoprostol as during that phase chance of getting pregnant increases.
- You get your normal periods in four to eight weeks.
- Don't lift up the heavy objects
Final words: Medical abortion is an alternative to surgical abortion as it is an advanced version of an abortion procedure. It is a myth that the abortion makes the women infertile, cause breast cancer.