What is MTP kit?
MTP kit is a secure and US FDA approved medication For Terminate unwanted pregnancy. MTP kit is an outstanding medication used for the removal of uninvited gestation of up to 9 weeks.
MTP kit comprises of Mifepristone and Misoprostol as an active chemical component in it. Generic Mifepristone belongs to the class of medications known as Progesterone antagonist. The main mode of action of generic Mifepristone is to impede the action of progesterone hormone that is responsible for the continuation of gestation. By impeding the action of progesterone, Mifepristone alters the endometrium to persuade bleeding and lead to the shedding of the lining of the uterus. Generic Mifepristone may also loosen up the cervix and induces uterine contractions. Generic Misoprostol belongs to the class of medications known as prostaglandin analogs. Generic Misoprostol acts by binding to the myometrial cells and inducing strong myometrial contractions to evacuate the fetus by contracting cervix of the uterus.
Dosage regimen of MTP kit-
As you know that, the pack of MTP kit consists of two chemical components in it as of Mifepristone and Misoprostol. There is 1 tablet of Mifepristone (200mg) and 4 tablets of Misoprostol (200mcg each) in the pack of MTP kit. Follow the given regimen while taking MTP kit-
- On the first day of medication, you should consume 1 tablet of Mifepristone, via the oral route with a glass of water. You can consume it with or without food.
- On the third day of medication, you should consume 4 tablets of Misoprostol as a single dose, via the oral route or the vaginal route.
- On the fourteenth day of medication, you should go for the confirmation of the complete abortion. In the case of abnormally heavy bleeding, you should call for the medical help as soon as possible.
You may experience some common unfavorable effects after consuming the dose of MTP kit as if back pain, nausea, vomiting, lower abdomen cramps, abnormal vaginal bleeding with clots, excessive fatigue, and sickness.
Defensive measures while taking MTP kit-
- If you find yourself allergic towards the dose of generic Mifepristone and Misoprostol, you should not take it without asking the gynecologist. You can ask him or her for an alternative medication for the removal of uninvited gestation.
- Under certain severe health issues, you should not consume the dose of MTP kit as if bleeding disorders, breathing disorders, kidney disorder, liver disorder, and cardiovascular disorder.
- MTP kit is not used in the case of ectopic pregnancy (when the grows outside the uterus).
- If you have placed an device (IUDs), you should not consume generic Mifepristone or Misoprostol.
- You cannot consume this medication in the case of breastfeeding as it may put a harmful effect to the infant.