The pills are small solid tablets that can be administered orally. Birth control pills are similar to the estrogen and progesterone generallyformed by the ovaries.The hormone present in the pills prohibits pregnancy by controlling pituitary gland, which stops the development and release of the egg in the ovary ovulation. The progestin also works to avoid the sperm from reaching the egg and changes the lining of the uterus.Another type of pill contains only one hormone (progestin) and is called either the “progestin-only pill,” or the “mini-Pill.” It shows action by obstructing ovulation and by helping to prevent the male’s sperm from reaching the egg.
Different kind of birth control pills are marketed under various brands such as Yasmin, Yaz, Mircette, DronisOvral G, Unwanted 72, Femilon, Ovral L, Dianette, Plan B, Norethindrone, and Norethisterone. Buy birth control pills online from our web to prevent pregnancy.
Method of administration:
- Usually, birth control pills available in 21 pills pack and another is 28 pills pack. These are orally administered medication that should be used along with water. To administer 21 pills pack you have to ingest one tablet each day regularly from the 1st day of your menstrual period (the first day of bleeding). While you have completed your pack you should wait for 7 days and on 8th day start fresh pack again.
- If you are using 28 pills pack you have to take 21 hormonal pills first for 21 successive days and then ingest remaining non-hormonal pills for seven days to complete the dose. When you have completed the dose you can start fresh dose. Try not to miss your dosing schedule. You should administer these tablets each day at same time.
- If you forget to use one pill you have to administer two pills as a single dose on your dosing schedule. If you missed the two dosages then in that case you have to administer two pills as a single dose in your next two consecutive dosing schedules. If you missed 3 dosing schedule or more then you should discard the regular dosing schedule and again start fresh pack.
You have to follow some precautions while using birth control pill:
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to ingredient present in the birth control pills.
- You should not consume alcohol and avoid smoking while using this medication.
- You should not administer birth control pills if you are more than 35 years of age.
- Do notusethis medication if you are having a history of breast cancer, blood clots, liver, uterine cancer.
This medication may show some common side effects such as dizziness, mood swings, spotting, stomach upset, alteration in menstrual periods, or breast tenderness.