A female should take a single tablet on a daily basis up to 21 days and then she can start the next 7 tablets pack. There are mainly two sorts of birth control pills are presented in the market known as combined birth control pills (estrogen+ Progesterone) and Progestin Mini-pill (only progesterone).
There are a variety of methods are accessible in the market for the avoidance of birth control like-
- Hormonal contraceptive pills like Yasmin, Ovral- L, Femilon and Dronis
- Emergency contraceptive pills like Plan B and Unwanted 72
- Barrier method like condom and diaphragm
- Intrauterine devices (IUD's)
All these methods are effective in nature and prevent pregnancy, but among all these methods, birth control pills are more suitable and efficient medicines in the avoidance of surprising pregnancy.
How birth control pills work?
Birth control pills are a mixture of two main hormones, known as Progesterone and estrogen. Both of these hormones work by hindering the release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone from the pituitary gland in the brain. As you all know that, LH and FSH hormone assists in the growth and development of egg and create the uterine lining for the embryo implantation. Birth control pills stop the gathering of sperm with egg and discontinue the process of fertilization.
Benefits of taking Birth control pills- It can effectively treat unusual menstruation, menstrual pain, cramps, acne (pimples), endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer and ovarian cysts.
Way of intake of birth control pills-
Yasmin, Yaz, Femilon, Dronis, Mircette, Ovral-L&G and Norethindrone (progestin pill only) are various types of birth control pills presented in the market.
- Birth control pill is strictly inadvisable in case of undiagnosed bleeding, blood clot problem, mental problem, migraine headache, neurological symptoms, hypertension (high blood pressure), renal or hepatic impairment.
- It is not taken by the pregnant female, lactating mother and girl under the age of 18 years.
A female should initiate the intake of this medication from the first day of your menstrual cycle. She should take a single birth control pill on a regular basis without any gap. It should be administered as orally with a full glass of water. Avoid cigarette smoking and drinking of alcohol along with these pills as it may induce the risk of adverse effects.
What to do if I miss a dose of birth control pills?
- If you miss a one dose of birth control pills then take 2 pills at a same time on the next day.
- If you skip two tablets of birth control pills then you should take 2 tablets on consecutive days.
- If you skip three tablets of birth control pills then discard the pack and again start a new pack.
Keep in mind- Don't take any kind of Antibiotic along with birth control pills as they may reduce the effectiveness or therapeutic actions of Birth control pills.
Does birth control pill cause any adverse effects?
Yes, intake of birth control pills cause various undesirable effects like stomach pain, nausea, mood swings, unclear vision, unusual weight gain, diarrhea, breast tenderness and inclination of drowsiness.
From, where you can purchase birth control pills-
For the safe avoidance of unwilling pregnancy you can buy Birth control pills online at very nominal price from our standard online drug portal along with fastest shipping and home delivery facilities.